This global telecom was looking at a solution where they could increase customer experience and also adhere to statutory compliances. TRAI regulations mandate that a subscriber should not have more than a stipulated number of connections within a specific telecom circle. Customer information on the other hand is captured by multiple systems operating in silos and manual data entry resulting in possible inconsistencies in information.
- Missing, conflicting, corrupted information and data entry errors to match customer information
- Ever growing customer subscriptions complicating the de-duplication process
- Businesses need to check with lists of blacklisted customers and National Do Not Call (NDNC) prior to onboarding
- Parameters like name, addresses etc., being captured differently at each customer interaction
Solution at work:
- Real-time standardization of legacy data: Cleansing to eliminate duplication and other redundancies in customer information
- Online de-duplication for establishing existing connections; successful de-dupe check results in trigger being sent to CRM for service activation, otherwise the application is rejected and the distributor is informed.
- 100% compliance to Telecom Enforcement, Resource and Monitoring (TERM) Cell and TRAI regulations of data de-duplication
- Single view of customers across Lines of Business resulting in targeted communication and greater user experience
- Consolidated communication of multiple subscriptions across Lines of Business
- Reduced costs and improved operational efficiencies of customer communication