Customer expectations are constantly changing in the digital era. It’s all about digital interactions that improve customer engagement and CX. Now more than ever there is an increased need for innovative technologies that deliver exceptional customer journeys across touchpoints.
Turn every digital interaction into exceptional CX!
Forward-thinking organizations realize that to build a customer-centric experience they must explore and embrace a whole range of digital solutions. The Covid-19 pandemic has pushed every organization towards digital-first. A comprehensive digital customer experience offering is built on multiple capabilities involving people, processes, and technology. It primarily involves the customer experience across all digital touchpoints. The connected customer today moves across different digital channels, often switching from one to another.
So, how do enterprises ensure a consistent, seamless, and relevant experience for the customer?
One customer, multiple channels: Exceptional CX
The all-pervasive technology has redefined the way we live, the way we work, and the way we interact. As customers stay connected via their digital devices, there is a significant shift towards digital customer experience.
There has been an obvious shift in customer behavior and preferences, we all know of:
- Increased use of multiple digital channels
- Changing customer expectations especially in a world consumed by the likes of Netflix and Amazon
- A very strong customer preference for experiences and digital
So, how do organizations enhance the overall customer journey and customer experience, more specifically the digital customer experience?
Understanding the customer journey even before onboarding
From the customer viewpoint, the digital customer experience starts much before he is onboarded. The journey begins with how seamless his experience was during his search for a particular product/service across websites, links, and multiple devices. Whether offline, in-store, or online, the lines have certainly blurred for customers but their preferences and behavior matter to CXOs, Marketing team, and the rest of the organization.
Key findings to better digital customer experience
- Understanding the intent of the customer at every point of interaction.
- Ensuring a seamless, consistent experience across all devices
- Start from exactly where the customer left (as he navigates across channels)
- Targeted messaging for better upsell and cross-sell
- Use of predictive analysis to understand customer behavior and put the data to use
- Machine learning that helps improve the experience of every customer
It’s all about digital, digital is everything
The customer is not concerned whether it digital or non-digital, it’s the sum of all customer experiences and what the customer builds with a particular brand, including the services, offers, from the start. And, industry experts opine that only a holistic perspective works towards delivering a digital customer experience.
More than just buzzwords
Digital customer experience is not a choice anymore. Digital, digital-first, digital transformation are not just buzzwords they enable a better customer experience. Organizations and Customer experience leaders see a greater top-and bottom-line growth when CX is priority when compared to instances where customer experience transformation is neglected.
Digital customer experience is the new battle-ground. And, organizations can start this with some really simple steps:
- Keep the customer at the heart of every digital transformation initiative
- Embrace change and keep pace with changing digital technologies
- Ensured personalized customer journeys and experiences
- Ensure all your efforts are in line with the digital transformation strategy
- Eliminate working in silos
- Simplify processes, ensure collaboration across all stakeholders for intelligent decision making
- Enable seamless, omnichannel customer experiences
Customize, personalize and digitalize- the way forward
Digital customer experience is an important component, and imperative to any digital transformation initiative. And, this isn’t a one-step approach, because not one size fits all. New customers, new demands, new technology, new process all call for a shift in the way we work and respond to these changing dynamics.
Delivering an exceptional digital customer experience is a competitive advantage, a key differentiator in the new age world. Not just businesses but digital has touched every aspect of our lives, from remote learning and remote working to online shopping and online payments.
After all, the ones that adapt to the new normal are the ones that thrive.0